Current Welsh Legislation
As official ambassadors for the Snowdonia National Park, we all want you to think about these beautiful places and how you interact with them and others during your visit, so please:
Please help us create a safer National Park for our communities and other visitors by following these guidelines:
- Be safe – Observe social distancing at all times. Maintain a safe distance between you/your group and others. Be mindful of any pinch points and remember to sanitise your hands after contact with hard surfaces.
- Tread lightly – Be willing to change your destination. Have a few options prepared in case you arrive somewhere that is increasingly getting busy.
- Be kind – Park in designated parking spaces. Check how busy our car parks are by following our live updates page before you set off.
- Do not park on roadsides or across entrances, it is dangerous and can cause problems for our farmers, communities and emergency services.
Snowdonia Adventures can now provide courses and activities
Private guiding, coaching for individuals, and small groups from the same household
We can provide 1:1 private courses and guiding to individuals and small groups from the same household inline with current Welsh Legislation on how many people or households can meet in open spaces for outdoor activity, subject to certain conditions being met.
Our relaxed terms and conditions of booking
In a nutshell we are going to relax the T&C of booking so we can transfer everyones booking to another suitable date in the future. Also we will honour your booking fees until December 31st 2021, so even if you want to enjoy your course, activity or adventure day next year, then we will happily transfer your booking with no charge.
If you have a booking with us you will have received an email, please also check your junk folder.
We all have to be proactive in helping to stop the spread of this virus, stay well, stay safe, stay local top your home as per guidelines and legislation in your locality.
Requirements to be met for coaching/activities
You will need to be able to agree to the following requirement before attending
- Be able to confirm that within 21 days previous to attending, you have not been infected or had symptoms relating to Covid19 and nor has anyone in your household.
- No one in your household is in the vulnerable or extremely vulnerable categories as defined in the current UK Government advice.
- Each person will have their own hand gel/sanitiser and use this as and when needed on a regular basis.
- Each person will need their own personal 1st aid kit
- If you or anyone in your household shows symptoms of Covid19 after attending a course or activity with us, you agree to inform us immediately so that appropriate measures can be implemented for our staff.
What we will do to help keep us all safer during activities and courses
- We will be responsible for the cleaning and quarantine of any group equipment provided to you, inline with government health-board and equipment manufacturers guidelines.
- Wherever possible you will need to bring your own equipment for hill and mountain based courses or activities.
- All out staff will use hand sanitisers/cleaners as and when needed.
- Any group equipment supplied by us, will be cleaned and quarantined for 72hrs before being reissued again.
- All our staff will endeavour to maintain social distancing from all clients wherever possible.
- Our staff will endeavour that all those in group course or activity stay socially distanced wherever possible.
- If any of our staff display symptoms of Covid19 we will inform all clients who were part of their group so that appropriate measures can be implemented.
Addition to our standard T&C of booking
Should any of our staff develop symptoms, or has been in contact with someone showing symptoms of Covid19 and if we can not find a replacement staff member, we will need to change the course or activity date. We will not be liable for any travel or accommodation costs that you may incur.
The Law in Wales, Scotland and NI are different
Legislation for accommodation providers in Wales: https://gov.wales/guidance-note-holiday-accommodation-owners-health-protection-coronavirus-restrictions-wales
Snowdonia National Park Closure Information: https://www.snowdonia.gov.wales/authority/coronavirus/routes-closed
Canoe Wales Guidance on return to activity:https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/bd6fed78/files/uploaded/COVID-19%20Paddlesport%20Guidance%20RED%20V3.pdf